KITCHEN COSMETICS ♥♥♥♥♥
Do-it-yourself recipes to help you
- Eliminate cancer-causing ingredients.
- Protect your immune system
- Save money.
- Learn how to care for your skin.
Make your own
- simple lotions or complex creams
- natural deodorants
- herbal bug repellent
- baby powder from rose petals
- safe sun-screen
…and many other skin-care solutions…
GROW YOUR OWN DRUGSTORE ♥♥♥♥♥
There is a plant for every problem…
- to smooth your complexion
- to help you sleep
- to heal burns and bruises
- to cure rashes and infections
- to promote dental hygiene
- to repel annoying insects
- to turn ‘woes’ into ‘wells’…
Two hundred years ago, someone who felt a bit off-colour would find an appropriate remedy in the garden or the woods and use it according to local wisdom. A doctor would only be called in for real emergencies.
Herbal remedies are still growing all around us today, but knowledge of how to prepare and use them is only just beginning to creep back into our culture. Learn more…
WILD WISDOM ♥♥♥♥♥
Medicinal Plants from the Canadian Wilderness
- A do-it-yourself guide to making health and beauty aids from wild plants.
- Combines old First Nations’ wisdom with new medicinal analysis.
- Offers many recipes made from ingredients that are free for the picking.
- Caress your skin with a cream made from fireweed.
- Tempt your kids with wild strawberry toothpaste.
- Discover the secrets of skunk cabbage.
- Make your own aspirin.
- Learn more…
TO ORDER ANY OF JAN’S BOOKS GO TO: